Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Greetings Baby Boy

For the 5-8 people that read my blog, 2-3 of you may not already know that we are having a boy!! For a little while, before we found out, I told people that I kind of hoped we would be having a girl for various reasons...I already have all the girl stuff...I didn't want to make new crib bedding...two girls close in age could easily share a room...Avery is an angel so I assume all girls are angels...boys seem loud and obnoxious and I am worried they won't like to snuggle or help me bake cookies...

But let me tell you how I glowed the rest of the day after our ultrasound when I thought about "my son." And I have convinced myself that he is going to be a calm, sweet, mother-adoring boy, (unlike his father who tore the legs off grasshoppers and ate rattlesnakes at scout camp and ran around non-stop sweating in his moon boots) because during his ultrasound he just lay very still, face down, a beautiful spine curving upward and yawned a few times. The technician was barely able to tell the sex for his lack of movement. Oh well...mothers can dream.

That said, I would appreciate any wisdom you could offer in raising boys.

5 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

congrats! That is wonderful, thanks for updaing the blog, It is so fun to know what you are up to.

Amanda

SarahF said...

Sam loves to make cookies with me and snuggle, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

Yesterday, as I was putting Sam to
bed, he said in a serious voice,

"Mommy, I have to tell you something."

I asked him, "What do you have to tell me?"

He said, "I love you, Mommy."

I melted and told him I loved him too. James went in a few minutes later to say goodnight and again, in a serious voice, Sam said,

"Daddy, I have to tell you something."

James asked, "What do you have to tell me?"

Sam told him, "I love Mommy."

I laughed forever about that one. Your little boy will be funny, clever, and sweet.

Like my friend Karen said, "I knew that little girls were sweet and loving, but what surprised me the most about having a boy was finding out that little boys are just as sweet and loving."

SarahF said...

By the way, as recorded in your "Girlfriends" post, I correctly predicted your baby would be a boy. What's my prize? :)

Lindsay said...

Danish we are so excited for a little chad. and unfortunately boys have a lot more energy than girls...so, dust off the moon boots and get ready for what I'm hoping will be a wild ride. (for various reasons)

Janell said...

Very exciting news! Congrats! I wish you well - Carter (my little boy) loves to snuggle and is quite the little helper.